Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week 1 is Over, How Did You Do?

     The first week of Patch 5.4 is over and for those of you who have been following along, we've been spending a lot of time prepping for the release. Now that all the hullabaloo is dying down, I'd love some feedback from y'all to hear about any successes or failures. So, what's been working for you? What hasn't?
     Real quick though, a little QQing on my part, the AH has been really awkward for me and I don't really know why. As soon as the patch released, any time I searched for an item, it would rescan every 3 seconds, as if I cancelled the scan, typed in the item name of another time, and hit "scan" again. @Sapu94 tried to help me out, but we both ended up with the general idea of "well, just wait it out cause it's probably lag from an overpopulated server." What this meant though was that posting a bag full of ~200 items on the most potentially profitable day in 6 months took 15 minutes with TSM, rather than the normal 20 seconds.
"Click 'Post,' Wait for scan, Watch an old Episode, Conrol+Mousewheel, loot malbox. Repeat"

     While it took me about two freakin hours to post my auctions, I suffered through and posted three times in the first two days while I was doing errands and chores around the house. The good news is that this earned me about 60k. I really wish I could have camped the auction house more and actually participated in the goldmaking action, but it just wasn't fun, so, I chose having fun over having boring, which is usually a good choice. (btw, this still hasn't fixed itself, so if anyone knows what's going on, let me know)

No More QQ:
     Oh my gosh, 5.4 is fantastic! I absolutely love this patch and have been having so much fun exploring and just fun. There are so many little easter eggs and cute little additions added. The first thing I did was go and grind out some glyph techniques on my priest, and suddenly I was the most popular person in the guild. From there I went to go check out the Timeless Isle on my main. I got the legendary dps cloak, which has one of the coolest procs I've seen in a while, especially when you're farming tigers since they claw at you, and you scratch em right back. 
     Moved on to the Celestial Tournament, which I failed miserably at, because I only had 17 pets at level 25. However, it gave me the incentive I needed to go on a pet grinding spree. By the end of day two, I had 22 max-levels, and found a way to level two pets to 25 in thirty-five minutes, which I'll probably be putting together a guide for soon after a few tweaks. I still failed at the Celestial Tournament, but have had a lot of fun playing around with it. I've also gone from 220 pets total to 296. Oh, and by the way, if you're having trouble with Lil Oondasta, try any pet with Howl (i.e. Chrominius, Stitched Pup), and then have the Tranquil Mechanical Yeti get swapped in. Call lightning+Ion Cannon absolutely destroys Lil Oondasta: free coins.
     On the raiding front, Siege of Orgrimmar blew us away. It's beautiful, has some wonderful lore, and really interesting mechanics that aren't so complicated/awkward that they annoy you *cough cough* Tortos. We're currently 12/14 Normal and are hoping to get to get Garrosh down next week before reset. We also went back in 10 man and finally got our Heroic Lei Shen and Ra Den kills. /yay!

Siegecrafter Blackfuse is down. Paragons...yeeaaah, not so much.

Goldmaking:
     The best thing that's been working so far across all servers is probably noodle carts. Anyone who's been posting the cooked mats up has had a consistent stream of at least 10k a day, upwards of 40k. For this strategy, farm up the materials, cook them into the requirements for each noodle cart, and post em up for a huge markup. Since people are still finishing up the quest, prices are still high, and will probably be for the rest of the week. But competition is increasing so work your game now. I put together this google document for y'all showing what each cart requires. It's been updated since initial release to include materials and crafted food. Personally, I'm selling everything in stacks of 5 at a threshold of 25g each and a fallback of 50g each, so 125g-250g per stack.
     Glyphs are selling well. From my first (and only) posting, I was able to make 4,286g mainly from the new glyphs, which sold pretty easily for 750 gold each. I really tried to keep my previous guides up-to-date as new information was released or made available through guild exploration, but all in all, these two were the biggest showstoppers of the expansion. There has been a lot of talk about companion and battle pets, but honestly, I haven't seen a lot of people actually purchasing them, so I'm not really sure how well that market is doing. Then again, you only need to sell 2 or 3 a week at 15k to make the same amount of gold as all the noodleage research from above. :)

     That's all for me. I just wanted to touch base with everyone and let you know that I wasn't dead after a week of not working on my lil ole WoW blog here; just enjoying the new expansion and giving y'all (and myself) a little rest from the Countdown preparation. It's good to take a break every now and then so you don't wear yourself out, and I took mine. However, I did put together a fun little video on YouTube for you about my adventures in Proving Grounds Healer Mode as a Fury Warrior, and will be putting together a guide for everyone about how to level 2 battle pets to from 1 to 25 in under 35 minutes. Use that tip for enjoyment, Celestial Tournament, or leveling for profit, your call. Thanks for reading and again, I'd love to hear from your perspective what has been working on your realms. What's been selling like crazy? Has it been the same stuff or did the 87-88 green market just randomly explode? Thanks again for reading and talk to you soon! Until next time, remember to 

Search. Craft. Post.
Every Day.


8 comments:

  1. About the AH, i too use that mod and found AH searching abysmally slow even on a lower pop server.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to sell a single piece of the new PVP gear. I had a major stockpile of cloth, so I thought I'd craft some of the new items but man have they been a bust so far. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, sorry to hear that. I got the Inscription trinket right off the bat and have kept those posted. No bites. So, I feel your pain. At least they're cheap to make, and cloth will always sell. Bolt prices have gone up pretty significantly. Might be worth it to just slow sell those.

      Delete
  3. For the scanning issues - after you scan, if you do a /reload, does it improve? I was having the same issue, and tried using /reload after my full scans, the problem went away. Hopefully this helps you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sold about 600k+ worth of GEMS , ENCHANTS, LIVING STEELS/Belts. It was awesome. Still got a ridiculous stock pile too. First Week alone.

    -Amoresperro U.S. Mal'Ganis Horde.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that the Glyph markets and food market is fantastic. Wish I had time for those... -Amoresperro U.S. Mal'Ganis Horde

    ReplyDelete
  6. 150 k first 2 days from Gems. Plate,leather and cloth pvp isnt selling at all. Glyphs dropped quick to about 200 gold for the new ones. But over all since patch day I have added around 300k to my gold pile. Food is selling great but not the noodle one the old ones are flying so fast I cant keep them on the AH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am up close to 500k since the patch dropped. The majority from gems (reds and metas), trillium bars, and belt buckles.

    Also have full sets of 496 gear for 4 fresh 90s and almost full sets for my 4 toons that are 87-88.

    ReplyDelete

World Of Warcraft, WoW Loot